Intuitive Eating Coaching
What is Intuitive Eating?
I offer Intuitive Eating counseling individually and in a group series. If you are new to the concept and are curious if it is right for you, check out this blog post.
Mindful and Intuitive Eating Group
Mindful and Intuitive Eating are two practices that work well together and can help you gain self-awareness and work toward making peace with food and your body. This is a psycho-educational and support group where members will:
- Learn to cultivate attunement- to listen to and begin to trust your body’s wisdom.
- Learn and practice the ten principles of Intuitive Eating.
- Let go of external rules and become the expert of your body.
- Rediscover satisfaction in eating.
- Learn to feel your feelings and nourish your emotional needs without using food.
- Practice respecting and accepting your body.
- Learn to engage in mindful and pleasurable physical activity.
- Learn to practice mindfulness in general and while eating.
- Practice a mindful meditation in each group.
- Learn to cultivate self-compassion and self-care.
This group is for adult women who:
- Are in recovery from an eating disorder and are medically stable. This group can be part of a comprehensive recovery plan.
- Want to create a balanced relationship with food and feel satisfied and fulfilled.
- Want to break free from dieting and deprivation.
- Want to break the cycle of restricting and overeating or binge eating.
- Want to begin a mindful meditation practice and develop self-compassion.
*Required reading before beginning the group: “Intuitive Eating, A Revolutionary Program that Works”. Required to bring with you to the group: “The Intuitive Eating Workbook, 10 Principles for Nourishing a Healthy Relationship with Food”, both by Evelyn Tribole, MS, RDN and Elyse Resch, MS, RDN.
Group series beginning soon. Group rate is $65/group billed weekly. Please contact me for an initial consultation and to be notified of the next group series.